DevineSanctuary

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is an open site to anyone whom has ever felt rejected, alone, or has been treated unfairly.

+2
Mew♥
The Jackal
6 posters

Favourite Game

The Jackal
    The Jackal

Favourite Game Empty Favourite Game

Post  The Jackal Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:59 pm

I know it's a bit of a generic topic to post seeing as every forum in the world has one like this but what the hell, ours is better 'cos it's on this site :) So go ahead, post your favourite games and tell us why they're your favourite. I'll start. Mine would be Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires as it breaks off from the original theme of the Empires version of the games and gives you total control over what you want to do :) Ok, Forum, your turn.
    Mew♥
    Mew♥
    Admin

Favourite Game Empty Re: Favourite Game

Post  Mew♥ Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:32 pm

Most would say Final Fantasy... BUT I'm just going to say.
    Its a great series but I'll always be a suikoden fan.

Aside from that I LOVE love love love love LOVE Harvest Moon <3
    Pokemon is great too.. but Zelda is by far the best fantasy.
    The Jackal
    The Jackal

Post  The Jackal Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:38 pm

Bioshox wrote:Most would say Final Fantasy... BUT I'm just going to say.
    Its a great series but I'll always be a suikoden fan.

Aside from that I LOVE love love love love LOVE Harvest Moon <3
    Pokemon is great too.. but Zelda is by far the best fantasy.
    Oh, no question about the Zelda series, grew up with that :) Consequently, I've been playing Majora's Mask all night and I think my mind is about to melt :P too much concentration required...
    NeoVerona
    NeoVerona
    Big Sister
    Big Sister

Post  NeoVerona Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:04 pm

Favorite game... I can't just pick one...

FFX and IX: Those games were turn of the century. IX cause it was my first FF game, and X because of the story line and all the characters.

Harvest Moon (as a series): So fawking fun, it's not even funny <3

Resident Evil(as a series): Cause killing zombies is soooo much fun.

Silent Hill(as a series): I'm that kind of person <3
    The Jackal
    The Jackal

Post  The Jackal Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:11 pm

I have to say...Resident Evil and Silent Hill...you are now officially awesome for liking those 2 game series :)
    NeoVerona
    NeoVerona
    Big Sister
    Big Sister

Post  NeoVerona Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:57 pm

Thanks!
    Silent Hill is great for those dark foggy days. I like to play SH4 at night, cause I'm scared shitless of ghosts. Resident Evil is awesome though. First one i played was Code Veronica: X
    Shyloh Nichole
    Shyloh Nichole
    Stranger
    Stranger

Favourite Game Empty RE:Favourite Game

Post  Shyloh Nichole Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:44 pm

Kingdom hearts.
    No reason particularly, just fell in love with the serious
    CloudyMao
    CloudyMao
    Friendly Socialite
    Friendly Socialite

Post  CloudyMao Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:28 pm

I don't have a particular but I've narrowed it down to 50 LOL
    I'll just say the ones that the stories move me most, and the ones I play most often.

Silent Hill 1-3: (mostly two - the plot line makes me wet myself in ecstasy) I love that James is always sticking his hand into things, the plot in all three is very well thought out, and so involved that you just can't let it go - and as though the psychological horror wasn't enough, there's enough gore and sick murder in these games to satisfy any GROSS loving person such as myself.

The Legacy of Kain series (all): The story in this is by far my favorite story in any game series, it's intense and the script is so beautiful. Twists and turns and so much tension, I don't know what I'd do without these games, I have back up copies just in case - I never go a year without going through the series. Simon Templeman and Michael Bell are a combination to be reckoned with,
    I think it's the best example of voice acting in any game that I've heard. The game play is fantastic for their age, even now the games are timeless.

Project Zero 1-3: (but again mostly two) These games are THE things that scare me most in the entire world - I love them, again the stories are well through out and the acting is brilliant, great if you love and adrenaline rush.

Tomb Raider 1-6: I shouldn't have to explain why these core classics are on my favorites list. I wanted to be Lara Croft when I grew up.

Broken Sword series (all): Oh George! when will you stop being an idiot? I love the amount of ridiculous and down right pratty things you have to do to complete these games.

Kinglsey's adventure.: It's such a wonderful game, I can't begin to explain. One time I played it in a webcam capable chat room just to show people what it was like, it's PS1 so it's not to all current tastes. It's story is not too involved but still very intense and I say it's a little dark and scary for children, but i'd still want my children to play it if I had any.

Glover.: this is much the same as kingsley, only it's a story about setting everything right after a horrible accident. You play a wizards glove through many different and interestingly themed levels to try to get magic crystals back to your frozen wizard master, it's not got a brilliant story, but the game play is exiting.

40 winks.: The background music in this is enough to love it, it's got a great story, though one for the older children as it's a bit on the dark side. It's all about conquering your nightmares so that you can dream. The main antagonist (nightcap) is such a brilliant villain.

Pandemonium.: Possibly the most annoying game ever, but the memories I associate with it will keep it in my favorites forever.

Dawn of War.: VICTORY BY ANNIHILATION

God of War 1-3: (First installment is my favorite.) The story is so involved, intense and exiting. The gameplay - OH MY LORD! When I played the demo for this [showing my age now lol] it was the most I have [to this date] ever been impressed with gameplay - it was so free. I love what they have done with the mythology, all around brilliant plot.

Obscure 1+2: Good to play with a friend - typical high school experiments gone wrong. Not a great story, but good scares and good laughs.

Champions of Norrath.: again something to play with another person - but only because the game play itself is boring and repetitive, the story lines are decent too. I've just had so many memories - fun ones with this game.

Dark Alliance 1+2: exactly the same for the above.

Crash Bandicoot 1-3: Something I just shouldn't have to explain why :P

Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone.: Patrick Stewart ftw - that should be enough :) Good game play - decent story line and nice progression, this game reminds me of toffee crisps. I spent all day on my bed eating them until I completed it to the max.

Beyond Good and Evil.: A very unique game, fantastic story and interesting gameplay.

Grandia: Linear story RPG, story is fucking amazing! I can't believe I forgot this first time around, it's been my sole favorite game quite a lot of times. This game makes me cry, a lot :|

Spyro 1-3: charging around the place bashing into stuff.

Ys series: It's the same as only old RPG, but I adore this, there's nothing special about the story - but it sings to me.

OK so I haven't narrowed it down that much :) I love video games. In case you haven't noticed, my favorite system is the PS2, closely followed by the PC.

Last edited by CloudyMao on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:07 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Omg I forgot games! How dare I!)
    NeoVerona
    NeoVerona
    Big Sister
    Big Sister

Post  NeoVerona Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:12 am

Fuck, how could I forget Kingdom Hearts? >.<

And Mao, that's a lot of games x.X
    Myth
    Myth
    Original Master Mind
    Original Master Mind

Post  Myth Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:46 am

@Mao - That was an epic list lol...I didn't think anyone else had ever played 40 Winks or Glover...that damn glass ball always shattered lol.

My top favorites are tied, they are Final Fantasy X and the Kingdom Hearts series. Then that is followed by Pokemon Yellow, the Fallout series, Little Big Planet series, PIKMIN, The Bouncer, The Lion King on SNES, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, the original Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series the Modern Warfare series, Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, the Dark Cloud series, and probably Digimon World 2.
    CloudyMao
    CloudyMao
    Friendly Socialite
    Friendly Socialite

Post  CloudyMao Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:02 am

Yep there's not much I do other than play games all day :P and it's been that way since I was 5 - it' s my mom's fault she's the same! and I've forgotten games so i'm going to edit it XD

Oh that glass ball in glover :@ That glass ball made me swear, a lot.

40 winks is awesome, everyone should play it. In fact I may stick it on now :D
    The Jackal
    The Jackal

Post  The Jackal Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:59 pm

All this talk of people forgetting games made me realise I missed out a few too :) There were 2 PS1 games I played back when I was 5 that just captivated me and warped my mind with the violence and gore and made me the deranged psychopath I am today :D Loaded and Deathtrap Dungeon...anyone heard of them?
    CloudyMao
    CloudyMao
    Friendly Socialite
    Friendly Socialite

Post  CloudyMao Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:43 pm

LOADED OMG., got that in my collection - fantastic game.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:46 pm